Dry Ice Equipment & Services
MEC Dry Ice Equipment
Cold Jet Dry Equipment
Dry Ice Cleaning Services
What is Dry Ice Blasting?
Dry Ice Blasting is the process whereby compressed air is used to accelerate frozen carbon dioxide (CO2) "dry ice" pellets to high velocity.Dry Ice is non toxic, non corrosive, non conductive and does not damage any metal surfaces.
How does CO2 Blasting Work?
CO2 blasting has three primary factors: pellet kinetic energy, thermal shock effect and thermal kinetic effect. Blast performance for each application is optimised by combining these forces and adjusting:
- compressed air pressure
- blast nozzle type (velocity distribution)
- CO2 pellet size and density
- pellet mass rate and flux density (particles per unit area per second)
Want to clean conductive equipment with a non-conductive process?
Electrical industry users of equipment and utilities face the equipment maintenance challenges of operating efficiency and uptime. The dry ice cleaning process meets those challenges by restoring both rotating and stationary electrical equipment to peak performance with dramatically shorter outages.
Due to growing demand for electricity, some equipment such as pad-mounted switchgears and substations go without maintenance. This results in less efficient operation and unplanned outages caused by flashovers. To support these applications that involve cleaning various types of energized electrical apparatus so that efficiency is restored with no power outages, blasting systems must be suitably designed to cover all safety requirements.
Dry Ice Blast Cleaning Benefits of Conductice Equipment.
- Restore efficiency without power disruptions
- Reduce catastrophic failures
- Reduce outage time by two thirds
- Improve meg-ohm readings
- Increase polarization indices
- Improve thermal dissipation
- Remove residues and deposits from voids
- Eliminate hazardous solvents and secondary waste
- Eliminate conductive cleaning agents